Common Pain Points
• Difficult to calculate metrics and understand what is really used
• What edition/options are used and why?;
• Ongoing purchasing of unused software;
• Licensing requirements regularly changing;
• A continual threat of a complex audit.
• Daily admin (e.g: Provisioning, Backups, Software patching, Monitoring,etc...), and hardware scaling is time-consuming;
• Scaling up/down is complex, with risk;
• Security is a constant issue;
• Long and complex procurement cycles
• High upfront hardware cost;
• Expensive maintenance;
• DR / redundant offsite DRC is costly.
• Data centre hosting charges;
• Oracle license cost;
• Operating system and hypervisor;
• Cost of shelf-ware;
• IT staff time and productivity.
Oracle on AWS
For most businesses, the proportion of business hours per week that can actively use Oracle DB or Apps are only about
Therefore, how can enterprises optimize the operation cost? By moving legacy Oracle databases and applications to AWS cloud, you can minimize this waste of maintenance and operation cost for your business. FPT and AWS Cloud bring a proven capability to make this a reality for you.
* According to “Best practice for Running Oracle Database on AWS”.